Are you fatigued, gaining weight, have hormone imbalance, in pain, experiencing numbness and tingling, ringing in the ears or have a diagnosis of Hypothyroidism, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Rheumatoid Arthritis, MS, Lupus or Lyme’s? There is a virus called Epstein-Barr that is probably causing your symptoms
Is a highly contagious virus that infects via bodily fluids such as saliva, blood, etc.
- In Stage One: It is initially dormant in the blood replicating and waiting for an opportunity to launch an infection
- When you physically exhaust yourselfand don’t fully recover, or if you are deficient in zinc and B12, or have atraumatic emotional experience, the virus detects these stress-related hormones and strikes
- Also, when undergoing major hormonal changes e.g. puberty, pregnancy or menopause
- After childbirth, aches, pains, fatigue and depressionare all symptoms of the virus
- EBV uses hormones as a fuel source – their abundance (puberty, pregnancy, menopause) acts as a trigger
- Stage one can take weeks, months or a decade or longer depending on a variety of factors
- The virus is vulnerable in stage one but is also undetectable through tests and causes no symptoms
- At the end of stage one, Epstein Barr virus is ready to do battle with your body.
- It turns into Mononucleosis known as the “kissing disease”caused by exhaustioncommon in college students with all night partying and studying
- This stage the virus is most contagious– avoid exposed blood, saliva or other bodily fluids from someone with mono or avoid exposing anyone else to your fluids if you have mono
- How severely this battle rages varies depending on the strain of EBV. A mild case would be a scratchy throat and tiredness for a week or two, a severe case -fatigue, sore throat, fever, headaches, rashes, etc. that last for months
- This is when the virus makes a run for one or more of your major organs– typically your liver and/ or spleen. EBV loves being in these organs because mercury, dioxins, and other toxins accumulate there, and it thrives on these
- EBV’s best friend is Streptococcus bacteriaand together they further confuse the immune system
- During EBV’s Stage Two, Strep can travel up to create strep throat and/ or infest in the sinuses, nose or mouth or down to the urinary tract, vagina, kidneys or bladder -> cystitis (bladder infection)
Epstein Barr Stage Three:
- Once the virus settles into your liver, spleen and / or other organs, it nests there
- From this point on when the doctor tests for Epstein-Barr, they will find antibodiesand take these to indicate a past infection, when the virus was in its mono phase (Stage Two)
- It will not be found to be currently active in the blood stream
- This is how the virus has slipped through the cracks as it’s still alive and causing symptoms but undetectable because it’s living in the spleen, liver or other organs and there is no test to detect this
- With the virus hiding undetected in your organs, your body assumes it’s won the war and the invader has been destroyed, your immune system returns to its normal state, your mono ends and your doctor tells you, you’re healthy
- However, the virus has barely just begun its voyage through your body
- If you have a typical variety, EBV can lay dormant in your organs for years or decades
- If you have an aggressive variety it may create serious problems while it’s nesting
- For example, the virus may bury deep into your liver or spleen causing these organs to become inflamed and enlarged
- EBV excretes toxic waste matter or viral by-product which becomes increasingly significant as the virus grows more cells, and its expanding army keeps eating and excreting poisonous by-product
- This waste matteris often identified as spirochetes, which can trigger false positives on tests such as Lymetiters (screening tests for Lyme disease) and leads to a false diagnosis of Lyme
- When a viral cell dies after it’s 6-week life cycle, the corpse that is left behind is itself toxic and so further poisons your body
- As with viral bi-product, this problem becomes more severe as EBV’s army grows, creatingfatigue
- The poisons EBV creates through these processes can generate a neurotoxin– a poison that disrupts nerve function and confuses your immune system
- It will secrete this special toxin at strategic periods during Stage Three and Continuously through Stage Four to prevent your immune system from zeroing in on and attacking the virus
Epstein Barr – Stage Four:
- The goal of EBV is to leave your thyroid and inflame your central nervous system
- If EBV has worn your immune system downin Stage Three by entering the thyroidand you get hit by a physical or severe emotional injury, the virus will take advantage and cause strange symptoms ranging fromheart palpitations to generalized aches and pains to nerve pain.
- A common scenario is being in an accident, getting surgery or suffering other physical damage and feeling awfulfor much longer than would normally be expected from the injury alone “like a truck hit me”.
- Blood tests, MRIs, X-rays reveal nothing wrong, so doctors won’t be aware of the virus inflaming the nerves – Stage Four Epstein-Barr is a major source of mystery illnesses– Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroidism, Lupus, Multiple Sclerosis, Tinnitus, Vertigo, Meniere’s, Anxiety, Dizziness, Chest tightness, Chest pain, Esophageal spasms, Asthma (EBV inflaming the Vagus nerve)
- Your injured nerves trigger an “alarm” hormone to notify your body that the nerves are exposed and need repair
- In Stage Four EBV detects the hormones and latches on to those damaged nerves
- The virus can get into the openings left by damaged root hairs and keep the area inflamed for years so a relatively small injury can remain flared up causing continual pain
- Issues resulting from this viral inflammation include:
- Muscle pain, joint pain, painful tender points, back pain, tingling or numbness in hands and feet, migraines, ongoing fatigue, dizziness, eye floaters, insomnia, unrestful sleep and night sweats
- Patients with these symptoms are often diagnosed with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome or rheumatoid arthritis – which are collections of symptoms medical communities don’t understand and have no cure. Patients are given inappropriate treatments that don’t address the real culprit – Stage Four Epstein-Barr
- Epstein-Barr is behind perimenopause and menopause symptomshot flashes, night sweats, heart palpitations, dizziness, depression, hair loss, anxiety
The issues that may result from an aggressive variety of EBV nesting in your organs include:
- Your liverperforming so sluggishly that it does a poor job of flushing toxins out of your system
- Hepatitis C(EBV is the primary cause of Hep C)
- Your liver’s sluggish performance leading to your stomach’s hydrochloric acid and your intestinal tract starting to become toxic
- This can result in some food not being fully digested and instead putrefying in your intestinal tract, resulting in bloating and /or constipation
- Your developing sensitivities to foodsthat never caused you problems before which happens when the virus consumes a food it likes, such as cheese and transforms it into something your body doesn’t recognize
There are many healing foods, herbs and nutrientsthat effectively strengthen the immune system and kill Epstein-Barr virus.
Dr. Terrie Van Alstyne has custom formulatedan Immune & Anti-Viral Formulacontaining key herbs and nutrients to treat the cause of the above “Mystery diseases”.
If you are interested in finding out more, you can book a free 15-minute consultationor an initial 60-minute visitto get to the bottom of your health issues and get you on the path to healing. Once on this program, patients can heal within months.
The body has the ability to heal itself if given the appropriate tools.
To book: Please email Dr. Terrie at: firstname.lastname@example.org your issue, contact information and best times available for your consult on a specific Thursday
Naturopathic Medicine is covered by extended medical plans