Hypnosis doesn’t require that you go back into any negative experiences, or trauma, in order to delete and replace stored information. For this reason, hypnosis is very helpful for clients that have experienced any kind of trauma or unpleasant experiences. Hypnosis does not require that the hypnotherapist takes the client back into their trauma. Rather, the hypnotherapist must reframe the memory in a positive way and give the client a positive experience in the present and a suggestion for the future.
When you are in this trance or daydream like state everything you are experiencing seems real, as the subconscious mind does not distinguish between real or imagined, true or false, healthy or not. All worries and fears can fade away in this relaxed state leaving the subconscious open to positive suggestion. It is all just programming. The brain is flexible, and therefore, perceptions and thoughts can be changed for the better.
Scientists, in particular, cellular biologists, believe that 95% of our beliefs, perceptions, and thoughts are subconscious, leaving our conscious in control of only 5%. In times of stress or situations that trigger memories, the subconscious programs can cancel out the conscious rational intentions. This can lead to a power struggle between what is consciously known and intended and what is being reacted to based on subconscious programming. Your subconscious mind is often running the show, so it is better if the program it’s running supports a healthy and rational intention.